Sunday 14 June 2015

Create my own Film Review Site


Ever since I can remember, I have always been a lover of film.

From the oldest classics to the newest Blockbusters, the lowest budgets and terrible films, every genre and style, I love watching films.

I had a VHS tape collection of all my films that friends and family would use more than Blockbuster Video (probably why they have now gone out of business), this was then transferred to an even greater DVD collection.  Sadly, storage and technology have now forced me to move from the physical collections to a digital medium, but believe me, the collection is still growing.


Clare and I only visited the cinema on rare occasions due to the ever increasing ticket prices, but when we did, it was always regarded as  a treat.  We would discuss our recent visit, often treat ourselves to a date night too.  With cinema ticket prices rising exponentially, we decided to join the CineWorld Unlimited Club.  A monthly fee of £16 to which you can watch as many films as you like, and with discount at the kiosk, this meant that if we watched two films a month then theoretically the pass was paid for, and every subsequent film for that month would be a freebie on CineWorld.

If you fancy joining Cineworld Unlimited, there is an offer to which you can use an existing members code and you and I both get 1 free month.  My code is RAF-53XW-47MD-40FZ-10BQ

With my passion for films and secret desire to follow in the footsteps of people like Mark Kermode, James King, Robbie Collin, and the late Roger Ebert I decided that I would create a film review blog. Now I know that my writing skills and vocabulary will never match the aforementioned, but my blog would be a way of recording the films we watched, my opinion on them and I could have fun along the way. I am also inspired by new age reviewers such as Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuckmann who regularly post on Youtube, and you never know, one day I may join them and move from the written word to visual delight

Pondo's Year of Cinema was created in 2014 and the trilogy concluded with Star Wars: Rogue 1 in December 2016.  There may be another sequel planned in a couple of years, but with our lives filled with our own entertainment in the form of our little daughter, time to be sat in the cinema is becoming less and less

2016


2015


Pondo Cimena Episode II: The Return of the Pondo.  With 2015 promising to be a big year bringing Jurassic World, The Avengers, Fast & Furious 7, Ant Man and of course Star Wars Episode VII we continued our cineworld passes for another year.


2014

Pondo's Year of Cinema 2014 - All the films from 2014 including Gravity, Monty Python, Gone Girl, Pulp Fiction, Planet of the Apes and many more.  I finished the year with the First Annual Pondo Awards for the greatest and worst contributions throughout the year




No comments:

Post a Comment