Sunday 20 July 2014

Delorean (Touch or Ride in)





My Delorean Experience (20/07/14)

The Delorean DMC-12 is a truly iconic movie car, and one that is instantly recognisable to any kid of the 80s.  When Marty McFly went back to 1955 the future was set.

I have always loved the Back to the Future franchise and after visiting the Hill Valley set in Universal Studios, LA, I set myself the goal of actually sitting in the famous car.

Whilst on the "Back Stage Tour" in Universal Florida and Los Angeles the tour bus takes you past some iconic cars, but they are just out of reach.  The Jurassic Park jeeps, the Bat Mobile, the Blue Brothers car and the Delorean are all there for viewing purposes only.

On 20th July 2014, we went to Manchester Comicon as Warrick Davis and a certain S-Club 7 member were making an appearance.  After queuing for quite a while Clare had to nip to the toilet so I asked one of the stewards were we could find Warrick.  "He will be in the other room, with the other guests and the Delorean" the steward said.  I forgot to thank him as I ran off trying to find Clare.

When we entered the autograph room, the "Back to the Future II" Delorean complete with hoverboards,  2015 outfits and Doc Brown were waiting just for me.

As part of the experience I got to sit in the car with the Marty McFly outfit on and take the controls.  

"Where we're going, we don't need roads".

Unfortunately, Warrick Davis had another appointment that day and could not make the signings.  However, we were first in line to meet the lovely Hannah Spearitt from S-Club 7 who, much to the dismay of my cousin James, was more than happy to pose for pictures and have a little selife with yours truly.





















Clare is really putting up with some crazy little things that I do, but I am now thinking that she is enjoying these events more than me and is truly a closet geek.












No comments:

Post a Comment